Dienstag, 18. Februar 2014

TWD. Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake

I adore cheesecakes, but am not such a huge fan of chocolate cheesecakes - maybe because I am not a big chocolate-lover in general. I always doubt that chocolate makes the sublime, wonderful taste of a cheesecake better. No need for improvement , in my view!

But I was willing to give this a try. What I do like is that is fast in the making, compared to other cheesecakes. There is no crust, so no pre-baking. Just cookie-crumbling, that's it.
Chilling is a bit longer and I doubt that leaving the cake in the fridge for more than one day (what I had to do) is good for the cookie bottom. It gets soggy.

The Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake is what it sounds like - a very rich, chocolatey cheesecake.
Next time, I would prefer to do the basic receipe without the chocolate part, but I am sure this is my personal trouble with chocolate ;-)

For everybody else I can just recommend to give it a try - it is fast, it is delicious, and the creamcheese/mascarpone-combo is heavenly!

For the recipe, have a look at Dorie Greenspans book on pp. 256-258 and to find out how other bakers liked the recipe, and what wonderful creations they made of it, see the "Leave your link" section on our TWD-group blog.

Update: ALL my colleagues LOVED this one. All. No exception. So, forget everything I sad about it and just do it, try it, enjoy it and ignore me chocolate-grinch :-)

7 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful cheesecake and lovely top!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love how you personalized this luscious cheesecake :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You did a lovely job with the decoration! Cute! I always worry when it comes to cheesecakes as to when they are done - they always turn out in the end however. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love the heart! Cheesecake is not my favorite dessert, but this turned out well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Looks so pretty with the heart! Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, along with chocolate…I thought this was heavenly!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I like the heart on top!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. hahahaha i love your update, and how you decorated it too!!!

    AntwortenLöschen